Atacama desert

There are unfortunately limited choices for active tours at this hotel, mostly due to the stormy weather but also due to the predominantly sedentary clientele. Rusty chose to relax before our long journey home tomorrow. I heard the magic words ‘sand dune’ and joined a tour to the ‘Mars valley’. The ‘hike’ could have been completed in about 10 mins but the other two guests turned it into a tedious snail’s pace photographic extravaganza.
The views were pretty spectacular though





The volcano in the background is the ‘people’s mountain’ and there was a great view of it today from the hotel




Meanwhile back on the slowest walk ever, I got to do one of my favourite things...





Sadly I won’t get to climb a volcano, but it was worth coming to Atacama for the incredible light, the bike ride through the salt flats and the woohoo trot down a dune. 
I’m really not looking forward to the 24 hours of travelling to get home but oh my goodness, Chile has been so worth it. Thanks to Hannah and Frankie for the inspiration and recommendations, another truly fabulous bucket list destination has been ticked off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santiago

Off to Atacama