La Presidente and a very long walk

Today was a huge occasion in Parque Patagonia with the official handover of the park to the President of Chile. Rusty decided to spend the day smoozing with the dignatries and I climbed a hill - obviously.
Lots of rich Americans arrived by plane, a helicopter delivered the security guards and the guanacos were cleared off the ‘runway’ ie field.
Meanwhile in my happy place...

I did my longest walk ever - 15.5 miles with 3592 feet of climbing in just under 6 hours - loved it!
My guides were two young Chileans who were great company and obviously loved the amazing environment as much as I did 







My poor legs were much in need of refreshment when I got back - Patagonian beer and pisco sour worked well



The lodge was much busier than usual with all of the people connected with Conservacion Patagonia. We rather enjoyed the people watching and the huge barbecue was yummy. The lodge is beautiful with huge photographs on the walls. Apparently pumas are thriving in the park but this photo was fortunately the closest we came to one


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atacama desert

Santiago

Off to the middle of nowhere